The first signs of spring are beginning to emerge here in Detroit: The Tigers are on their winter tour and will be at Comerica Park today to mingle with fans and discuss the upcoming season.
There is a serious buzz building around Tigertown in anticipation of the upcoming season. Tigerfest is a great way for fans to get re-acquainted with the returning players — and to get to know the new ones. Comerica Park will be open to fans from 11am to 5pm.
Tigerfest 2011 will include the following activities for all fans:
- Seven (7) Autograph Booths featuring current Tigers Players and Coaches, including one Kids-Only line
- Main Stage, featuring content related to the 2011 season, and a special 2-hour Tigers “Fan Conference”
- Tigers Player Photo Area, located in the Visitor Clubhouse
- Self-guided tour through the Tigers Home Clubhouse
- Batting Practice in the Visitors Underground Batting Tunnel
- Visitors Dugout will be open for fans to visit and take photos
- Guided Tour, which includes stops in the Ernie Harwell Media Center, Luxury Suite, the Champions Club, and select Detroit Tigers executive offices
- Tigers Archive Display featuring historic baseball artifacts
- Detroit Tigers Ice Sculptures, including a LIVE sculpting demonstrations
- RxSport Bat Lathe featuring LIVE baseball bat carving demonstrations
- Green Screen Photo Opportunity to benefit the Tigers Foundation
- Learn more about Detroit Tigers Season and Group ticket plans, Tigers Fantasy Camps, Spring Training Tickets, and information regarding the DTI / StubHub! partnership
- Detroit Tigers Authentics featuring one-of-a-kind authentic signed items and game-used memorabilia
- Unique Tigers items at the Tigers Foundation Fire Sale
Admission is $18 for adults and $5 for kids 12-years and under. Click here for a detailed Tigerfest location guide.